AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the question: i have a new tripple lnb dish feeding into the new sony sat 200 hi def receiver, displayed thru my sony 10ht projector that ic capabler of hd output. the sony sat200 alows the user to switch the resolution. should i leave this at 1080i for best pic quality. i ask this because if i watch a regular tv show that comes accross in dig output only is it necessary to switch down to that resolution. i would think that if the receiver is set high, everything coming in would be fine. im sure this sound s stupid but i just dont know. i assume that the projector will automatically adjust to the best incoming resolution. also i was under the assumption that the proj. had an internal line doubler built in. i still am not happy with the pic quality of regular sporting events. i throw a 100" w/s image. is there anything i can do to increase pic quality ie : line quadroopler? when viewing tv programing? HelpPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Seems to me you have two choices: (1) Put it in 1080i mode, which will pass through things like HDNet unaltered and convert anything not already 1080i to 1080i. (2) Put it in Native mode and let the projector do whatever it does with whatever signal it gets (though the 200 will always convert 480i at least to 480p). Decide which approach gives you the better picture on non-1080i signals and stick with it. As for the picture quality, blowing up regular DirecTV (or Dish or digital cable) channels to a very large size will inevitably make their compression artifacts more obvious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.