AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 720p Native Resolution projector. I can set my satellite box to 1080i as well as 720p. To get the best picture possible should I set the satellite output to 720p to match the native resolution of the projector? Sorry if this is stupid question but I am new to the projector scene. Oh by the way I have a Sanyo Z2 projector. Thanks for any help you can give..........THANKS

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT66 /forum/post/12950444

I have a 720p Native Resolution projector. I can set my satellite box to 1080i as well as 720p. To get the best picture possible should I set the satellite output to 720p to match the native resolution of the projector? Sorry if this is stupid question but I am new to the projector scene. Oh by the way I have a Sanyo Z2 projector. Thanks for any help you can give..........THANKS

Try BOTH. Go with what your peepers say is best. 1080i works out best with my setup.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I would set it to 720 because that way the native 720p stations won't be upconverted to 1080i then back down to 720p

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i've always been happy with result of setting the PJ on "auto detect" for resolution and it does its' own thing pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts