AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through all the FAQs and don't seem to be able to answer this question, I hope somebody can help

I have a Fujitsu PDS-4221 plasma that, according to the documentation, has a resolution of 1024x1024 pixels and supports VGA at [email protected] I watch DVDs using the component interface, RGB (SCART) using a RGB-VGA converter and use a SunRay, (a network computer), on VGA2 at [email protected] (not wide screen), successfully.

I would like to display full, (wide screen), video on it at the highest possible quality on an HTPC and I wonder what resolution I should be aiming for. The video will be MPEG data from DVDs and an DVB card.

I have tried 1024x768. In VGA mode I have the choice of choosing Normal, Widescreen or Zoom on the plasma. On normal it only takes up the center of the screen, (4x3), pictures are the right aspect ratio, but the picture is obviously scaled as it is not using the full width of 1024 pixels.

At 1024x768 widescreen I guess it is using the full complement of pixels width wise but all pictures and video are stretched.

1024x768 zoom is closer to the right aspect but is actualy stretched verticly , and I am only probably getting 450 of the available pixels, (when in theory there should be 1024). There are other isues with windows opening outside the view area.

Do I need to use some other resolution to get the best out of my screen with the right aspect ratio, or should I be configuring the OS, (in this case Solaris but don't let that worry you), or video player to scale things to get the right aspect on 1024x768 widescreen. The SunRay does not support many resolutions so I can not try unusual ones before I order my HTPC, but I can move a PC in if anyone has suggestions.

Thank you

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not been able to find an answer to this, so I thought I'd bump it to the top, one more time, just in case any one can help.

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.