AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what format or resolution Britney Spears on HBO was in last night ? I know it wasn't 1080i, but it certainly looked good. It almost seemed like HD even though it wasn't.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott G
Does anyone know what format or resolution Britney Spears on HBO was in last night ? I know it wasn't 1080i, but it certainly looked good. It almost seemed like HD even though it wasn't.

Thanks,

Scott
It was just regular 480i. I didn't see anything special. I turned it on to see what all these guys are talking about when they clamor for Britney. Really, when did these wide load women come back into style?

Every time she did some move, you could see waves of chub ripple down her legs. It's amazing that she could keep up the impression of a good lip-sync while she hefted that girth around stage the way she did, panting like a sig pug dog.

Absolutely filthy.

-- Robert

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Boobovision always looks high resolution because your eyes are distracted ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DevoX

It was just regular 480i. I didn't see anything special. I turned it on to see what all these guys are talking about when they clamor for Britney. Really, when did these wide load women come back into style?

Every time she did some move, you could see waves of chub ripple down her legs. It's amazing that she could keep up the impression of a good lip-sync while she hefted that girth around stage the way she did, panting like a sig pug dog.

Absolutely filthy.

-- Robert
they came back when everyone stopped doing heroine.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Really, when did these wide load women come back into style?

Absolutely filthy.
This is the kind of attitude about "style" that drives our young women into insecurity and potentially fatal and destructive conditions like anorexia nervosa and bulimia. It's sick that people would equate thin and bony with healthy and sexy, not to mention that it has no basis in medical science. I don't care for her music but Ms. Spears is a very sexy, healthy young lady, far from having a "wide load", "chub", or "girth". If this is how you look at women I feel sorry for your girlfriend, wife, or daughter.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I watched part of it.

She can't sing. Lip sync is obvious! Dancing was pure Michael Jackson rip-off. The songs are just NOT good.

The one thing that Britney has going for here is that she is very attractive. How could anybody think that she is fat?????????? I would not kick her out of the backseat of the Jag.

Remember that she had a radio transmitter on her butt the whole night so that may have confussed some people.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Robert,

Were you perhaps watching the SD feed in stretch mode?:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
If britney was in 480i, why was the picture, fed through dtc100 to jvc 15g, so much more detailed over the Dirctv HBO HD channel, (509), than it was over the standard def 501 channel?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz

This is the kind of attitude about "style" that drives our young women into insecurity and potentially fatal and destructive conditions like anorexia nervosa and bulimia. It's sick that people would equate thin and bony with healthy and sexy, not to mention that it has no basis in medical science. I don't care for her music but Ms. Spears is a very sexy, healthy young lady, far from having a "wide load", "chub", or "girth". If this is how you look at women I feel sorry for your girlfriend, wife, or daughter.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but thank God we're moving away from that popsicle stick heroine chic look into something that resembles what women are meant to look like, if only for health reasons.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Boomboom,

It's because HBO-HD has a superb format converter that they use to upconvert 480i to faux 1080i on 509.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I watched the first 15 minutes just to see how she looked and I'd rate her an 8 out of a 10, which is a damn high rating. The girl is in exceptional shape and anyone that mistakes her strong and downright sexy legs for fat is in need of counseling.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by boomboom1949
If britney was in 480i, why was the picture, fed through dtc100 to jvc 15g, so much more detailed over the Dirctv HBO HD channel, (509), than it was over the standard def 501 channel?
The 480i signal was upconverted as someone else noted and HBO's upconverts are extremely high quality. Even so, upconverted 480i places far less demand on the 1080i format. Assuming a bit rate potential of 13 megabits or better, the upconverted signal on the HD channel was not degradated by compression is was the SD HBO channel.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Allen A
vic, I like the way you think!
Me too, way to go Vic, you articulated everything I was thinking.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Quote:

Absolutely filthy.

-- Robert
Maybe you were watching "Shallow Hal" by mistake?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I agree that Britney is in great shape. This show was live and she never got much rest during the entire show. When she did sit down, there was only a trace of sweat on her forehead and chest, did I say chest.

It was definitely not lip-sync. You could tell as her voice changed while she did some maneuvers like bouncing on the bungee cable.

Although Britney is hot, J. LO on Tuesday night should blow her away. J.LO is VERY HOT.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn_L
J.LO is VERY HOT.
Hell Yeah!!! :D But don't tell that to DevoX. If he thought Britney was fat, he'll want to send Jen to boot camp!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glenn, please - her lip syncing was so obvious. I only caught the end of the show and when flippin' and bouncin' you never heard so much as a huff or puff from her and also her voice went through many effects that you can't pull off live. There were times though when you could hear her live voice, maybe in the beginning of a song - as if it were to make one believe the whole thing was live, but as she broke into action... bye bye live.

That said, the production was great, the 5.1 was good but I agree with most over 25... the music wasn't impressive at all.

Body, well, near perfect. Meat in just the right places, and her butt, a close second to J-Lo's

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.