AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have two systems which I can use for a HTPC, however I am not sure whether to use to my main system (1.64 ghz athlon, radeon 8500) or my secondary system (800mhz p3, creative tnt2 ultra) to use for my HTPC. The issues which I am basing this indecision on are as follows.

-I like to listen to mp3s though my hometheater system occasionally, but my system only has got one digital coaxial input which is currently being used by the secondary system. Therefore this means if I want to listen to mp3s through the secondary pc I have to fire up the projector and cause unecessary tube wear.

- If I use my main system I have the bother of it being my HTPC and my gaming system which can be bothersome because I have to get behind the computer to unplug my monitor connector and plug in the vga to bnc. I did buy a vga y adapter but this lowers the signal level to a less than desirable level so I went back to switching out the cables. Another plus of using my main system is that I can just sit in my office chair while surfing and listening to mp3s. Another advantage of using my main system is that it has the radeon 8500, which although has got the broken gamma table looks great using a gamma level of 2 and has got better colours than the tnt2 ultra!

For convienience I would like to have an airboard, but I don't think you can use an airboard with a keyboard and mouse connected as well?

Therefore the question is should I move towards using the dedicated HTPC (800mhz system) or should I use my main system to do double duty (1.64 ghz athlon) and get something like an extron splitter and maybe an airboard?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.