AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased Star Wars Phantom Menace and, true to all the reviews, it wreaks of edge enhancement. What are the best Panasonic RV80 adjustment modes to reduce EE without compromising other pq issues too badly? Can I set up this special "overly ee'd discs" setting in a preset? Thanks,

·
Registered
912 Posts
I also have this interlaced player and am confused about all the setting options. Any suggestions, comments to help us out?

OUT

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not at home right now so I can't go through the menu exactly. I can steer you in the right direction though. I think if you push the "display" button on the remote it will take you to three different upper level menus as you toggle through. One of the settings is for display adjustment which will probably show an "N" as a default. If you toggle over you should be able to toggle up or down to get to the "U" setting which you can enter and modify to get to a lower level menu. This will give you a series of icons across the top. I think the the one that controls sharpness looks like a display screen with SMPTE color bars and a starburst. By selecting and toggling down to negative values you can reduce the level of sharpness to lessen the EE effect.

I hope this helps.

Chuck DeWitt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.