AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my heart set on the Samsung 650 750 850 or 950. Can someone tell me if they all use the same proc for sd conversion or if one does better then the other

thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks like they are all using the same video board. Also all models seem to have the same problems like HDMI handshake lags and so on.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageha /forum/post/15467250

Looks like they are all using the same video board. Also all models seem to have the same problems like HDMI handshake lags and so on.

My 650 doesn't have an HDMI lag. Must be an Aussie thing.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageha /forum/post/15467250

I have 46A750 hooked up via HDMI to a Dish 722 receiver and a Panasonic BD35 blu-ray player. No handshake lag or problems at all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
cnet also complained about a lag when you switch between inputs. It seems people in this board have the same problem [with series 6, 7, 8 and 9].

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can we stick to the topic of stan def on these sets and if there is any difference between the series

·
Registered
920 Posts
750 and 850 "supposely" has a 16 bit processor with a 10 bit panel while the 650 use a 12 bit processor with a 10 bit panel. Picture quality seems the same so the processor crap might be true or not but it doesn't seem to do anything to anyone who seen all 3 models.

So I don't know about sd being better because of the other processor if it does have it but that's all the info I've seen but I really doubt it's different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts