AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to setup two dishes, one to Sat 101, the other to Sat 119, since I can't get my single oval dish aimed correctly for both satellites. 101 works fine, but when I try to get HDNet on 199, I get BBC America (but no sound). And neither 400 nor the Nasa channel at 376 show anything at all. So, what satellite do I have the second dish pointing at? Any tips on getting the correct satellite?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I figured out I'm getting Satellite A, by taking out the multiswitch and hooking up the LNB to both hookups. The weird thing is it means I'm getting Satellite A at wildly different locations, as if it were two satellites - from my Sat A LNB I can get it with my dish pointed at 159 degrees, elevation 36, but from my Sat B LNB I get it at 141 degrees, elevation 32. I can't seem to get Sat B at all, from one oval dish or two dishes (one oval, one round).

Any idea what's up? This is driving me crazy. CRAZZY I TELL YOU!!!! I WANT MY DAMN HD-NET!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would recommend you take a walk in your Direct Vicinity & find a neighbour with an Oval Dish. Perhaps via common mutual courtesy with Humility they would allow you to observe the settings on their Dish... even if they are not using the SAT-C LNB the settings would be correct. Then, adding the Special SAT-C LNB in the center by using the appropriate Multiswitch or SAT-C Kit and you're in!

^i^Cole^i^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.