AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my projector next week (1000 lumen Nec PG6200) and am currently building the screen for it. I have a super slick white board of some sort (cheap at lowes) and I have coated twice with kilz primer. I was planning on just using the kilz, but am worried about the black level. This thing is SUPER white. I think it glows in the dark its so white. I think the only way I am going to be able to get blacks out of it is if I cover everysingle thing in my room with black fabric (including my hands and face).

Now the thing is, i'm going to be using a small screen (less than 70" wide), so I'll have plenty of brightness to spare, so I'm thinking a silver or aluminum or grey screen of some sort would work for me and help get my blacks, and let me have a little bit of light in my room.

What would you DIY screen gurus do if you were me? I've read through the misty evening and mississippi mud post, but the more I read the more confused I get. I'm sort of looking for a straight forward answer as to what will be the best starting point for me?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.