AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered Dell 3200MP to use with my HTPC (Radeon 8500, DVI). With the Dell you won't expect it to be here anytime soon. But at least it gives you enough time to prepare your room and screen.

So my question is to 3200MP owners here (and everybody else who knows :) ). If I put it 10 feet from the wall, how big of a screen should I expect?

Right now I'm thinking about simple DIY put-it-on-wooden-frame-and-paint screen. I've been reading all that MM, ME and so on posts and got a little confused about which one to use, especially in my close to the screen DLP case. All suggestions are very welcome.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! That helps, thanks!

Any recommendation for the DIY screen for my case? So far I'm going to try SD/MM-LF approach, unless someone tells me otherwise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedd
Wow! That helps, thanks!

Any recommendation for the DIY screen for my case? So far I'm going to try SD/MM-LF approach, unless someone tells me otherwise.
I have the 3200MP at a little more than 16' with a little zoom to give about 100" 16:9 diagonal. I also did a DIY screen using "AlGoo", which is made from artist's acrylic paints. Look for the thread titled "Mommy, daddy's painting the screen again..." or something like that, actually click here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=216753

My first batch used the original formula, but it was too gray for me - it still presented great images though. My next batch used 1/2 the gray and double the white and iridescent. My new screen is a light grey and it still looks great. I'm very happy with the results. My screen is painted on finished and primed drywall. As soon as I get my digital camera back I plan on taking a few pics to post in a new thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.