AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I just bought my second house and this one has a basement. Talked my wife into letting me build a home theater. I'm in the middle of building it, have my walls up but just open studs for now. The room is 12x20 with main seating about 11 feet away and second tier 12" up about 16 and a half away. The projector I have picked out, not bought yet, is the epson 8700ub. But the thing I'm stuck on now is what screen to get? First I don't know on the size I should get, next have no clue what brand or anything else?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That works, but I was just now reading up on the curved screens. Anyone heard if they are worth it. Plus what would be the best size to go with. One thing I do know is that it will be a fixed screen. But I did forget to mention that The ceiling height is only 7 feet. So what size screen and is 16:9 the ratio I should get?

·
Registered
326 Posts
That works, but I was just now reading up on the curved screens. Anyone heard if they are worth it. Plus what would be the best size to go with. One thing I do know is that it will be a fixed screen. But I did forget to mention that The ceiling height is only 7 feet. So what size screen and is 16:9 the ratio I should get?

I would consider a DIY screen and I would go with a 2.4 or 2.35:1 ratio with side masking to 16:9 if you watch mainly movies, as I do. I went with a 16:9 ratio and it is much more a PITA to do vertical masking. I need the masking because I don't like the grey bars that are visible with my white screen when I watch most movies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts