AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a new motherboard and I'm trying to set up my M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96 audio card.

Can someone tell me the settings?

Also, do I need to change something in the CMOS to make that the default and bypass the motherboard audio stuff? can they be run at the same time?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Depends on the OS, but basically:

Change the "Preferred Device" in Control Panel->Sounds and Multimedia->Audio (Tab)->Sound Playback.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryg
I just put in a new motherboard and I'm trying to set up my M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96 audio card.

Can someone tell me the settings?

Also, do I need to change something in the CMOS to make that the default and bypass the motherboard audio stuff? can they be run at the same time?
Tryg,

If you have an on-board audio chip - you may have to go into the CMOS and disable it.

When you install the M-Audio drivers, does the installation program complain that you are installing the wrong drivers for the device?

Also, go to Control Panel, click on "System" and "Devices" and see what audio devices you have. If you have 2 M-Audio

devices listed, and only 1 M-Audio soundcard - then you have the onboard chip enabled using M-Audo

drivers, and that's not going to work.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do I disable in CMOS?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Tryg,

You can have more than one audio card in a PC.

Usually, they have to be different mfg/models. However, M-Audio Delta series drivers support multiple Delta cards in a PC. This is by virtue of their pro-audio lineage.

I don't think that's your problem though.

Did you try my suggestion?

After installing the AP24/96 and its drivers, check in Control Panel->System->Hardware(tab)->Device Manager->Sound, video and game controllers . If you see something like "M-Audio Sound.." or M-Audio AP24/96 Audio..", then you're all set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.