AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to set a realistic price in my local paper, but I don't want to give it away, either.

It's a Sony KP-53V75 television. I'm the original owner. Low hours, 5 years old. Component inputs, P-I-P, etc; The "V" series sets were a step up from the standard "S" series sets, found at CC.

Pricing suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

·
2,436 Posts
Tweak48,

I don't know much about the Sony you have but in todays market of electronics I would guess a few hundred $. I will leave the estimates to those more familiar with it.

If you cant get what you want for it consider donating it to a local SR. center or other non profit org that will (give you a receipt of donation) allow you to take a tax deduction for it.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
61 Posts
....for $800 and the guy is picking it up at the end of the month.

I honestly did not know if that price was too low or too high. I looked everywhere for a reference price but could not find one. I initially set the price at $1000 but realized that was a little high. My TV, like yours, has very few hours on it. I bought it in 1997ish for (if I remember correctly) $2,200 from a local dealer in WV that I bought quite a bit of equipment from so I paid a good bit below list.

You know what they say, "charge what the market will bear."

I would expect you could ask $700 and accept $600....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.