AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 47" LG LX9500 brand new from Magnolia Hi Fi for $1200. It was severely discounted due to it being the last one in stock. There is a 30 day return policy; as well as 4 year warranty.

Since I use this TV as a computer monitor (sitting 6 feet away from it) I see every detail; including, 4 tiny dark spots that show only with a solid bright color over the areas.

I dont think I can stare at those spots for the next 4-5 years. I have the option to get the TV repaired (like as if it was an old/used TV). Or, I can upgrade it to another TV. Honestly, I think 47" is a little bit too small (yes, even when sitting 6ft away from it). A 48", 50", or 52", 55" TV would be great.

I am willing to give up 3D and downgrade in refresh rate for a slightly larger LCD size TV (I'm willing to spend an extra $200-$300max). I am not willing to give up significant contrast ratio and expect good color reproduction.

Can someone recommend a TV that I could buy from either Magnolia Hifi or Best Buy? I've only owned Samsung and Sony; and, this TV was the first LG I've ever bought. I would prefer a TV with the least likelihood of LCD/glass defects.

Thanks in advance,

MKANET

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Not sure what you mean by four tiny dark spots? That doesn't sound like any screen imperfections that are normally reported on this forum. I'm not you, of course, but I think it may be a crapshoot to try and exchange it for something better, especially given your budget. Maybe somebody else will weigh in on this.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Below is a picture of the what the spots look like. It shows the same way no matter what bright solid color I choose. Ive seen various kinds of dead pixels; this doesnt look like anything I've seen. If I had to guess, it looks like imperfection/dirt in the glass. I have the option to have that repaired or choose find a comparable TV; sacrificing 3D and refresh rate; since I'm most likely only going to use 60hz for PC's video out. However, I'd like to hang on to comparable dynamic contrast ratio/deep blacks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.