AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Samsung 16:9 55" RPTV picked up for service due to a problem with progressive scan DVD incompatability. I"d get a lot of weird lines and stuff. Anyway they have replaced the complete circuit board twice and have had my TV for over 1 month. I am getting tired of waiting for them to figure it out and I want some advice on what I should do. I don't want to cause any trouble but a month without my HD is killing me and with no predicted effective repair in sight I am quickly losing patience.

Thanks for any advice.

Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Although your question is less than clear, I guess you pretty much answered yourselves.... Try to cancel the sale any way you can. If they refuses, at lest talk them into replacing this unit by a different model.

Just an opinion.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, basically the TV is only 7 months old and still under warranty. It's in the repair shop and I am tempted to call Samsung and complain in the hopes of getting a new TV. Problem is I don't know how successful I'll be. At this rate I'll be lucky to have my tv back by Christmas..................

Joe

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Joe,

there comes a time in life when even very nice people need to RAISE a little HELL.

Sometimes they are hard of hearing.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Joe -

I was in a similar situation with Toshiba. One of the problems was that Toshiba and the shop that was working on the TV are two different parties, and since Toshiba doesnt own the shop, they can only do so much. I imagine that something similar applies to yur situation with Samsung, and it would be wise to keep that in mind while talking to the different parties.

It took some time because of the above, but after i talked to Toshiba about it and made it clear that this was not what i bought the TV for, Toshiba ended up being very helpful in resolving the situation to my satisfaction.

So my suggestion would indeed be to talk to Samsung and tell 'm that you are unwilling to wait any longer. Demand either your TV to be fixed within a few days, or a new TV within a few days, or your money back (and buy a FP CRT! :D). Considering this is all still under factory warranty, it's only fair to ask this.

Good luck

Gertjan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.