AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have picked these up along the way at clearance or discounted prices. Not sure if I should return them or not.

(1) Klipsch Quintet
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

(2) Sony HT-SS370
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Number=HTSS370

I don't really want to keep these for my bedroom (too much money for that purpose)

So I was thinking whether (or how) I could make these work for my family room.

Problems:

1) While the Sony speakers have great reviews on Amazon, I have read that these are good for small rooms like a bedroom (not a large family room). Also, it is not clear to me whether everything in this HTIB is supposed to sit up front in a TV stand cabinet?

2) If I used the Klipsch in my family room, its not clear to me how they would be set up. I understand that mounting in corners is not a good idea. Mounting on the walls won't work either aesthetically. So I guess I would use them in a bookshelf arrangement (sitting on side or end tables). But how would I hide the speaker wire around the room? It seems like if I wanted to really set these up around the room, I need to run speaker wire around the room.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also bought the htss370 on clearance, but found that the speakers were really poor. The receiver is pretty nice for the price, except for the fact that it's 3 ohm. You can use better speakers with it, but you only get about 35w out of it and distortion starts before that. The speakers sounded worse those in my Sony 46" w4100 tv. Louder, but worse. In the end i decided to use my old speakers and invest in a better receiver.

The speakers are likely fine for surround sound in a smaller room, but music and even tv is disappointing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_kommissar /forum/post/20818468

I also bought the htss370 on clearance, but found that the speakers were really poor. The receiver is pretty nice for the price, except for the fact that it's 3 ohm. You can use better speakers with it, but you only get about 35w out of it and distortion starts before that. The speakers sounded worse those in my Sony 46" w4100 tv. Louder, but worse. In the end i decided to use my old speakers and invest in a better receiver.

The speakers are likely fine for surround sound in a smaller room, but music and even tv is disappointing.

I guess I will return the Sony HTIB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.