AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be looking to get my first front projector (Epson 7500UB), I have seen a few in the past but the picture never seemed that great. It just didnt have the dept, but that was a few years ago. The Mitsubishi that is at BB didnt look too good but it wasnt in total darkness either so I've always shied away from them. I dont know anyone in my area to audition so I am going to have to go in blind. Right now I have a dimmed Toshiba 65" DLP and a Sony 52XBR6. Should I expect a picture close to the XBR6 but bigger? I'm looking to go with a 100" or 106" screen. I cant accommodate any bigger. My budget for a projector is around $3500. That is close what I can get the Epson 7500UB for. I considered the 6500UB but for a few more dollars, the 7500 in in my range. I saw the Focupix motorized tension screen and seemed to be nice, this is within my budget for a screen and it has to be motorized. Any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
Sony A90J panel; Marantz SR7015 AVR; Paradigm Signature speakers; Oppo 203 and Panasonic 820 UHD BR.
4,183 Posts
With a higher gain screen (over 2) and the right material (Blu-ray) a fp picture can look very plasma-like. Detail is very good or better than a LCD flat panel in that an actor's nose hair on a 50" unit is about one-quarter inch long, whereas on a 106" screen it is about three quarters of an inch long (well, you get the idea).

·
Registered
245 Posts
to put it short and sweet... prepared to be blown away....

·
Registered
245 Posts
and also to completely ruin watching a regular TV experience...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
You will never want to buy a television set ever, ever again.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well from the responses, I'll definitely be blown away and satisfied. I've read the Epson 6500/7500 is sharper than the JVC RS20 but the JVC has better black level and is a better overall projector. Well since this is my 1st projector, I'm sure it shouldn't take much to satisfy me even with today's 1080p projectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts