AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm going to college this fall. So, I don't want to spend too much on a home theater system, but I'm willing to spend around $500 (or more) if need be. Hopefully whatever I'll get will last through college and after I get my own place.

I want connectivity... I want to be able to connect my iPhone 3G to the system and play music & movies easily (if possible, can I increase the quality of the videos on the ipod somehow?) If possible, I'd love to connect my external harddrive to the system and play videos straight from there.

I want high/decent quality (upscale DVD quality?).

Aside from the home theater system, I'll probably have either the Samsung LN32A450 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV or the Samsung LN40A550 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV as the primarily TV. I'm be having either a PS2/Xbox 260, as well as (eventually) a DVR/TiVo. Essentially, I want the home theater system to work well as a home theater and as a decent stereo system.

If possible, I'd also like wireless speakers.

So,
  • Easily iPod/iPhone 3G connectivity for video/audio
  • USB/Harddrive connectivity for video
  • Wireless speakers
  • Upscale DVD quality
  • Good audio quality

All that being said, I'm COMPLETELY new to the whole home theater spectrum, though I've done a decent bit of reading. Is a decent system that can acomplish this realistic in my price range ($350 - $600)? If anyone would care to suggest a model or something, I'd be grateful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts