AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking to purchase a camcorder but know very little about them and there are so many to choose from, I thought maybe somebody with greater knowledge could help out.

I hear low light is a major issue but good ones are 1000s of dollars. What camcorder is the best for low light that is approx. $400 or below?

Preferably the the camcorder would also used SD flash memory disks because I heard they are better quality then the mini dvds.

If I was to get a dvd recording camcorder would it be extremely noisy like when my laptop computer is spinning and vibrating the disk to read it? I think a SD memory camcorder would also cut down on excess noise from the machine (is that correct?) Maybe the machines are not even noisy (like I said I do not know much about them).

Zoom is semi important because I would like to take it hiking and record the trips (zoom in on wildlife) along with record vacations.

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
if you want to go hiking, size and weight are of paramount importance, so look at the flash memory camcorders... just be sure that you have a plan for editing avchd.

·
Banned
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle63903 /forum/post/15582347

Hello, I am looking to purchase a camcorder but know very little about them and there are so many to choose from, I thought maybe somebody with greater knowledge could help out.

I hear low light is a major issue but good ones are 1000s of dollars. What camcorder is the best for low light that is approx. $400 or below?

Preferably the the camcorder would also used SD flash memory disks because I heard they are better quality then the mini dvds.

If I was to get a dvd recording camcorder would it be extremely noisy like when my laptop computer is spinning and vibrating the disk to read it? I think a SD memory camcorder would also cut down on excess noise from the machine (is that correct?) Maybe the machines are not even noisy (like I said I do not know much about them).

Zoom is semi important because I would like to take it hiking and record the trips (zoom in on wildlife) along with record vacations.

Thank you for your time

here is the link which tell you about full specifications and price for all the camcoders.
http://www.electronics-expo.com/make...corders/1.html

As per your requirements, like price should be under $400, there is very good option for you. Its Sony DCR-SR45 having 30Gb harddrive. Its in ur budget.

So visit the above link nd see full specifications for this cam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts