AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oldish Monoprice speakers I'm using for surround left/right in the ceiling. They have this switch and before I throw them up I'd like to set them correctly. I have a Pioneer vs-1120 receiver. Thanks

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The purpose of the switch is to allow you to adjust the sensitivity of each speaker higher or lower relative to the other speakers to adjust for the location in the room.

You probably want to set them all to -3 and use the receiver to make the adjustments.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
If they have a zero attenuation option go with that. Any attenuation results in wasted output power from the amp. Use the AVR to control the volume of the surrounds relative to the rest of the speakers.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyleron  /t/1527023/what-should-i-set-these-speakers-too-3db-or-6db#post_24600555

It adjusts the crossover.
If you mean it adjusts the tweeter level then that's a horse of a different color. But I'd still run them with no attenuation and let Audyssey handle the EQing, if the OP has that feature.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyleron  /t/1527023/what-should-i-set-these-speakers-too-3db-or-6db#post_24600680

Yeah not sure what Monoprice means by Adjustable crossover.
I doubt they do either.

Reactions: shadyJ
1 - 7 of 7 Posts