AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several computers in the house running AIW cards and similar, and I'm very tired of the solution I'm using now (an old VCR sending the digital sattellite feed out as RF signals) because of the lousy quality and a few extra problems (like every time anybody touches the power button on that VCR thing it jumps to a regular channel instead of the AV2 in). So I want to distribute the composite signal (since S-Video doesn't look better with PC cards for some reason or another) to the PC's with rather long cables. We're talking from 30 and up to around 80 feet. I am now feeding one of them (the kitchen TV) a composite signal, but the loss and distortion is just not good enough, now that I have upgraded to a new 19" widescreen LCD there. And the bedroom, that just got one of those as well is even further away. So can somebody please tell me what I should use for this? Can I use one of those cheap Boss or similar 12 V splitters/boosters that are used to split DVD signals in cars?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.