AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 40-46" LCD, but I don't need it until the end of summer when I move into college (for TV and Computer purposes). I don't want to get too fancy with Samsung's top of the line models (series 8-9) b/c of the price, but LED backlighting looks promising. I definitely want 120 Hz, and I'm looking at Samsung (main choice) and Sony. What are some good 40" LCDs, with possible LED and 120 Hz that are out now or will come out sometime this year (introduced at CES 2009)?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Well, you could go to the CES site and look at what was introduced? That would give you a better explanation of the products than anyone here could.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean yea I did a little research before and found the Samsung LN-B7000
http://ces.cnet.com/8301-19167_1-10134420-100.html

I don't know pricing yet, but I hope it's not ridiculously expensive since the economy is doing bad and not many people will buy it if it's overpriced. It's not like I need LED and 120 Hz, but it'd be good to have for later I guess, but I'll be using mainly cable TV and connecting to laptop, no movies or anything, so maybe I'm overdoing it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am in sort of a similar boat to you...

I fear those new models costing an arm and a leg, and me not being able to afford one. Also, If I wait too long I fear I wont be able to find models I currently like, such as samsung 650 and 850...

I dont even have a guess as to the prices of samsung's new TV's.... any idea how we can approximate??

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opto151 /forum/post/15590669

I am in sort of a similar boat to you...

I fear those new models costing an arm and a leg, and me not being able to afford one. Also, If I wait too long I fear I wont be able to find models I currently like, such as samsung 650 and 850...

I dont even have a guess as to the prices of samsung's new TV's.... any idea how we can approximate??

The manufacturers won't leave a gap in their product line so they will do everything they can to have 650s and 750s available until the new products roll out. I suspect there will be some great deals. You just have to stay current on when the new ones will hit the stores

1 - 5 of 5 Posts