AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to build a HT room inside my shop....the Shop is 18x30 and i am planning on taking up the back part of it with my HT room...I am trying to decide if a room with 12'wx16'dx8'H ID would be a good size room for a 120inch screen with one row of seating...Seating distance would be about 14ft or so from screen as i have read you dont want to sit directly against the back wall???...Is there anything yall would change about the room size? I cant really change the depth or height but i can change the width...Is 12ft wide ok for sound quality?

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,567 Posts
Should work fine for one row. You do need to check the recommended projector location to be sure it will hit the 120 but I'm not anticipating a problem. Since you are new around here there is a pretty good interactive throw distance calculator at ProjectorCentral.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im planning on using the Epson 8350 as my projector...It looks like my throw distance can be anywhere between 12-24ft...I am plannning on putting it on or close to the rear wall so it should be a throw of roughly around 15ft....

Is there a benefit to using a ceiling projector mount vs just using a shelf on the back wall?

So a 12x16x8 size room is fine for acoustics? No big gain by going any wider or narrower?

Thanks in advance for everyones help..I have been reading alot on here but it seems the more i read the more i confuse myself...LOL

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by killintime /forum/post/20868304

So a 12x16x8 size room is fine for acoustics? No big gain by going any wider or narrower?

There are some resources that talk about idea room sizes and one thing that is recommended it to avoid similar dimensions like 12 x12 and to avoid one dimension that is a multiple of another. Like your 16 and 8.

You will need an acoustic treatment plan and you might want to think about modifying the length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.