AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XBox external HD-DVD player and a few HD-DVD's.

I would like to back these up to Blu-Ray.

Questions if I may.

1) Can this be done with this player?

2) If so, what software can I use?

I did some searches and came up with nothing, but I remember it was being done no?

I need someone with a better memory then mine

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
771 Posts
I still have the HDVD external drive as well for the 360. What software do you recomend downloading for windows 7 to recognize the drive to play them off the PC.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello, I was wondering rather than use dumphd and clownhd ...can you just an HD dvd to an iso file with anydvd hd and find a player that would play this iso and be able to select the DTS hd audio etc???/

Anyone do this yet?

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
186 Posts
makemkv to just unload them to the drive where they will remain... now do I have to keep these discs as 'proof of purchase' ... I'd rather just throw the cases away maybe put the discs on a spindle with my blank DVDs.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastman  /t/1388257/what-software-program-for-hd-dvd-backup#post_21515240

I have a XBox external HD-DVD player and a few HD-DVD's.

I would like to back these up to Blu-Ray.

Questions if I may.

1) Can this be done with this player?

2) If so, what software can I use?

I did some searches and came up with nothing, but I remember it was being done no?

I need someone with a better memory then mine

Thanks in advance

To backup my DVD fles. i will use this program: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Video/Enolsoft-DVD-Ripper.shtml

·
Registered
827 Posts
I don't know if I need to post here or in the hardware forum..

But with WalMart/VUDU/Flixster Disc-2-Digital programs..
If I connect one of the XBox HD-DVD drives to my computer will the "D2D Software" see my HD-DVD's and allow me to convert them to UltraViolet/VUDU cloud stored movies?

]I know that I can take a hand full to my local Wal-Mart with a list and they just work off the list and convert them (if they are in the ''CLOUD'' interstructure)[

:David

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hi Folks, I know this thread is a bit ancient but is there any 1 stop solution for backing up HD-DVD's 1:1 to MKV (properly) yet?

I've tried MakeMKV and it's sooooooo close to being perfect except for 1 major show stopper, it leaves the 3:2 pulldown flags intact and there is no option to remove them - I've got over 80 movies to archive to my server and I just dont need any extra steps. :(

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Thanks I'll give that a go.

Does it need anyDVD hd installed or does it do its own decryption?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
So clearly that guy was a spammer and his post was removed (software had nothing too do with hddvd backup or anything remotely similar).

Anyone else know an alternative to makemkv or even an easy to use tool to remove 3:2 pull-down flags from hddvd rips?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
So clearly that guy was a spammer and his post was removed (software had nothing too do with hddvd backup or anything remotely similar).

Anyone else know an alternative to makemkv or even an easy to use tool to remove 3:2 pull-down flags from hddvd rips?
Run your raw file thru handbrake and it will remove flag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts