Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is anyone here making their own DD5.1 tracks, and if so, what software are you using to create it?

I'd like to experiment a bit with making a surround channel track. I've searched the Net and found software called Maven 3D, but i'd like to know if simmilar results can be obtained with free or budget software (as i said, just experimenting, so i don't want to buy a full package...).

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Psycho, but all BeSweet does is convert 5.1 to other formats. I would like to experiment with software that lets me make my own 5.1 track, i.e. software that will let me add effects to a timeline and pan it over time from front to left back to right back to front (for example...)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Look for Samplitude Sequoia 7. You can do everything with it. Even produce masters.

It also allows for film score editing.

Surround features:

"Sequoia can create six stereo or mono track channels in a VIP. You can mix and master surround sound. Each track can be assigned to a certain position in the surround sound field. A useful surround panning dialog, which also records automations, is a helpful tool in this regard."

Video:

"Sequoia can also be used for post-production sound editing or film scoring. Video media can be linked with arrangements whereby the file is played synchronous during playback. Each video frame can be displayed in its own video timeline for precise video synchronization."

Seriously though, it is absolute overkill for what you want.

Kai

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Maven3D Professional

Steinberg’s Nuendo

Digidesign Pro Tools

Sony Vegas

Adobe Premiere Pro

Hope you have lot cash to burn you going need it and don't any of demo allow you do AC3 (DD5.1) encoding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.