AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently building an HT for a friend of mine. He's elderly and needs the simplest possible set-up in terms of ease of use.

I have decided to buy a DWIN TV3 and am now trying to work out what the best way is to build the rest of the system.

I could buy one of the cheaper DVI based DVD players but had a few misgivings about that because then he'd have to select the correct sound for the picture by himself. I know it's not much but I'd like to err on the side of caution and have the source DVD/HDTV/VHS all come from one action on a remote.

At first I thought of doing everything with a Pronto and setting up a set of macros but it may be easier for me to do the whole thing via a Reciever that switches video and audio sources. Do any of you DWIN owners do this? Is going into the DVI on the dwin that much better than using vanilla component in? Any reciever recommendations?

R-S

·
Banned
496 Posts
Go with a good remote. The system will never be truly easy to use without a well designed and well programmed remote. I prefer the Universal MX-600 or MX-800 (both use RF instead of IR) to the Prontos, but that's for another forum. Make sure the equipment you get has discrete codes available (the Dwin does).

Ultimate ease of use aside, the DVI input may one day be necessary in order to access some HD programming, so your receivers video switching may be for naught.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by raoul
Is going into the DVI on the dwin that much better than using vanilla component in?
YES it is. Try it and you will be able to tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.