Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just wanted to get an opinion poll as to what speaker cables forum members are using with their system.

Would you all mind just a brief post telling us what speaker cables you are using as well as what components, speakers, amps, preamp and source components are you using?

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here's my equipment and cable list:

Speaker cables - Audioquest Dragon, Tara Lab Master Gen 2, Straightwire Maestro, Kimber ??

Interconnects - Tara Lab The 2, Air 2, Decade, Master Gen 2, Moster Cable Sigma, XLO ??

Digital - MIT ??, Illuminations D60, Audioquest ST glass

L & R amps - Krell FPB 250M monoblocks

Center amp - Krell 250M

Rear amp - Citatition 7.1 in biamp configuration

L&R speakers - Revel Studios

Center - Revel Voice

Rear - Mirage M3si

Sub - Revel B15

Processor - EAD Signature

CD player - Wadia 850 connected directly to the amps

DVD - Pioneer DV09

LD - Pioneer Elite CLD 97

CD player - Pioneer PD65 used as transport

Anti jitter device - Genesis Digital Lens

Wadia Digital link - Converts all coax digital to Glass ST

Misc- Stax Lambda Signature with SRM amp

Ps Audio P300 power plant.

That's all.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rich,

Thanks for listing your speaker cables and components. I guess I should have listed mine.

I have been using Harmonic Technology Pro-11 speaker cables for front left/right and Monster Cable M2.2 for center.

I have Mirage M5si and McSi for the front three. I am getting the Mirage M1's shortly.

I have been using the EAD Theatermaster Signature preamp/processor with the Powermaster 2000. I am also using a Sony 7000 and a Sony Scd-777es as the transport for my cd's.

For interconnects I have the Harmonic Tech's Pro Silway MkII balanced, and Pro silway single ended. I also have Monster Cable M1500 and M1000 interconnects.

I also recently got myself a PS audio 300 with multiwave.

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
21,355 Posts
All Granite Audio cabling (I've done extensive Granite Audio reviews at this forum, just do a search, a some months back Don of Granite Audio was a Special Guest at the AVS Special Guest forum and he in detail explained his design and testing process for his cabling and cords) pretty much - 2' 10 gauge biwired on speaker end speaker cable (copper)(with five Bryston 7B amps at the speakers); 25' lengths of Granite Audio balanced 470 four nines pure silver interconnects (from Theta Casablanca 2 with all Xtreme DACs to four Aerial Acoustics 10Ts and one Aerial CC5 center speaker, and to three Aerial SW12 subwoofers.

Other stuff in system: Theta Voyager, Toshiba DST-3000 and Dish 6000 HD receivers and RCA Ultimate TV DirecTV receiver, Granite Audio 657 tube CD player (just out, sounds better than Sony SCD-777ES in SACD mode which I sold), five Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofers, Dwin HD-700 7" CRT projector and Dwin Transcanner 2, two PS Audio P600s and one P300, some external Bybee AC Charger filters and RGB-Sync filters, all Granite Audio 560 10 guage power cords, JVC 9600 S-VHS VCR,

and internal Bybee devices on AC for Bryston amps and all subwoofer amps, and internal Bybee devices at drivers of all speakers and subwoofers!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.