AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to audition the Dynaudio Contour C1.4 & Confidence C1 this past weekend and man was I impressed(so was the wife), I can't believe the sound those bookshelves produced.

What can I look at that will give me as close to the quality sound of Dyn's without breaking the bank?

·
Registered
799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogroeder /forum/post/18231381

I got a chance to audition the Dynaudio Contour C1.4 & Confidence C1 this past weekend and man was I impressed(so was the wife), I can't believe the sound those bookshelves produced.

What can I look at that will give me as close to the quality sound of Dyn's without breaking the bank?

Look no further then Totem. They make incredible sounding speakers for under Dynaudio prices. Not all models hold this true but for the most part it is.

I owned and have Installed just about every single Dynaudio model made. Totem is a company I feel comes close to that level of sonic reproduction.

I think you will be impressed.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
To the OP, how much is not breaking the bank? I know the MSRP on the C1.4s is almost $5000. If you only want to spend $1000 that would probably help. Everyones idea of expensive is different.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Don't know about the Contours per se, but you read fairly frequently where Ascend Sierra's are being compared to Dynaudio bookshelf speakers.

Google Dynaudio Ascend Sierra for examples.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/18231618

To the OP, how much is not breaking the bank? I know the MSRP on the C1.4s is almost $5000. If you only want to spend $1000 that would probably help. Everyones idea of expensive is different.

A dealer quoted me $3400 for the c1.4 & $7000 for the Confidence C1.

I guess I would be willing to spend up to $2000, but less is better.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'd have to say a Swans D2.1SE

·
Registered
434 Posts
I can't remember where I read the review but in a review of the Aperion 632 LR's (now 6B's), the sound was compared to Dynaudio 140's. I have never heard Dynaudios but I just bought a pair of lightly used 632's, and they are amazing for their size and price point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts