AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new member here. I figured if any forum could answer this, it would be you guys. A local guy is selling what looks to be some bangin' speakers...but he doesn't know what they are.

He says they're "Silver S6 Rose", which I take to mean they're Monitor Audio Silver S6s. But...well...they're not. The reason they're called S6s is because they have six drivers; two 6" woofers and a 1" tweeter in each speaker. The picture clearly shows a third woofer in the speakers this dude is selling.

So, the million dollar question...what the heck are they?

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I've never seen a legitimate speaker without a manufacturer's name plate attached, including serial numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo77 /forum/post/16958429

I've never seen a legitimate speaker without a manufacturer's name plate attached, including serial numbers.

Good point. What you're saying is I should just go look for myself, yeah?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4N5H1N /forum/post/16958446

Good point. What you're saying is I should just go look for myself, yeah?

Look like Monitor Audio speakers...

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
A better picture would help. They "sorta" look like older Monitor Audio speakers, but if there is no manufacturers name plate on the back.... they could just as easily be DIY. I would definitely want to look at them in person to see (and listen of course) for myself before I would spend a dime on them.

Good luck....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.