AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts

NHT SB-2's all the way around, center, fronts, surrounds, and 1 for the rear.

SVS 20-39PCi

Granted not all the speakers are in yet, but thats what proposed setup is. So far I am impressed, I need to do some more tweaking and balancing when the other speakers get in....:)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'm running Acoustic Research Stature line. My room is 4000 cubic ft, and it is a dedicated room just for HT & music.

-Acoustic Research Stature S50 main

-Acoustic Research Stature S20 surrounds

-Acoustic Research Stature S20 surrounds backs

-Acoustic Research Stature SC2 center channel

-SVS 20-39 PC Plus 12â€

They are pretty efficient speakers their frequency ranges from 89-91db of sensitivity. They sound great in my application.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think everyone knows:

I run Energy take 5.1 all around...My woman can't stand most movies louder than -55....

my room is 20' long and 14' wide I run my system sideways so my head is 11.5' from the screen...

wish I could find just two of the old take 5,s for my 7.1 setup...

I feel both are a good price/perfom compromise till I move....

·
Registered
Onkyo TX-NR5009, AppleTV 4K, Sony KDL-55W900A, M&K s-125 lcr, M&K SS-150 surround, SVS 16-46pci sub
785 Posts
I'm using M&K S-125 for L/C/R, M&K SS-150 for side surround, and SVS 16-46PCi for sub, soon to get M&K SS-150 for rear surround as well and will be replacing M&K S-125's with S-150's

·
UHD Addict
38,512 Posts
I'm using Polks. RTi70 for the fronts. CSI30 for center. FXI30 for surrounds, and Rti28's(recently upgraded from the free R15's I got with the mains) for the rear Back surrounds. I just ordered an SVS 2039pci subwoofer to replace my Acoustic research and Yamaha subwoofers.

My Home Theater

My DVD Collection

·
Registered
26 Posts
Energy C2's for the fronts. Energy AC300 center and I am attempting to purchase a pair of RVSS for the surrounds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Paradigm Studio Monitors front, Paradigm Titans sides and rears, LCC center channel and no name sub (waiting on a Tumult).

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is the speaker set up for my 4ES.

For two channel:

-2 MTX AAL2230 38hz-22khz, 93db, 4 Ohm, 300watts RMS apiece (These are 3 way tower speakers with dual 12" subwoofers, 4" midranges sealed with ferrofluid, 2"x5"horn-loaded quartz tweeters)

For HT, with the 4ES impedence switch set to 8 Ohm:

Front -2 Polk RTi100 25hz-27khz, 90db, 4 Ohm, recommended amplification is 20-250 watts apiece/each speaker also has a 35 watt RMS built in powered subwoofer

Surrounds -2 Polk R40 40hz-24khz, 90db, 8 Ohm, recommended amplification is 20-150 watts apiece

Rear Surrounds -2 Polk R20, 60hz-24khz, 89db, 8 Ohm, rec. amplif. 20-100 watts apiece

Center -Polk CS245 49hz-25khz, 89.5db, 8 Ohm, rec. amplif. 20-150 watts

Sub - Kenwood 1050SW, 12" front firing ported, 150 watts RMS into 4 Ohms from 20-20,000hz, .09THD

I am researching SVS for a subwoofer upgrade.

My two different set of fronts are connected to the 4ES by use of the A/B switch.

I have read that Polk speakers are difficult to run. I have had no issue running my set up to -20 to -15 on the attenuator dial. Oooops, I take that previous statement back. I have had one issue; That being angry neighbors

·
UHD Addict
38,512 Posts
Quote:

I have read that Polk speakers are difficult to run. I have had no issue running my set up to -20 to -15 on the attenuator dial. Oooops, I take that previous statement back. I have had one issue; That being angry neighbors [/b]

Wow that must be rather loud. I've never had my 4ES above -35 and that's with the low volume on HBOHD and ShowtimeHD from DirecTV. I hit -40 and it's very loud. With this new SVS 2039pci I have coming this week I suspect it will be even louder.

My Home Theater

My DVD Collection

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read that Polk speakers are difficult to run. I have had no issue running my set up to -20 to -15 on the attenuator dial. Oooops, I take that previous statement back. I have had one issue; That being angry neighbors [/b]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

damn! That is loud! Well in my room that would be insane, i know i could not stay in the room at that level. -15 WOW! The highest i have pushed my HT is at -26.0 & the highest on music is -30.5.

Hey aaronwt when you get your SVS 20-39PCI let us know what you think.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dahlquilst QX10 (6 ohm) fronts

Dahlquist QX20C center

Dahlquist QX6 rear surrounds

Dahlquist QX20R 6.1 rear center

Dahlquist 125 sub.

Work wonderfully with 4 ohm position

Alex

"makes your ears bleed"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 90P -- currently crossed over at 50Hz on 4ES all others at 80Hz

Center: Paradigm cc350

Surround: Paradigm MiniMonitors

Sub: SVS 20-39PC+

Still experimenting with EQ, placement and crossover frequencies

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Well fellas i just upgraded to the AR Hi-Res line my HT now has............

-Acoustic Research AR5's main

-Acoustic Research AR17 surrounds

-Acoustic Research AR17 surrounds backs

-Acoustic Research AR2C center channel

-SVS 20-39 PC Plus 12”

The mains have (2) Bob Carver Sunfire 175w 10" subs, the center is huge it has a down firing 6"1/2in sub built in. I'm very happy with this new set-up, the 10" powered subs blend nicely with my SVS 20-39PC+. They better than when i heard this line two years ago. I don't have any pic but if you would like to see them i have a link below.

http://acoustic-research.com/ar5_content.asp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.