AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit I am confused with the advent of digital television, and I can not find what speakers to use to accomplish my goal. (Perhaps there are no speakers that can accomplish my goal).

My goal is to have speakers (3) to handle sound for both a new HDTV and produce quality music, loudly, at times.

I plan on purchasing a receiver with HDMI inputs/outputs. iPod capabilities,dvd player/recorder (also to be used with cd's).

I am thinking right speaker, left speaker and center or a sub-woofer. Question here, center or sub-woofer? Because of a "handicapped" television viewing area surround sound becomes doubtful and because of remarks below is out.

I do not want to wall mount or ceiling mount speakers for the "surround" sound effect so in part though a new receiver (Denon, Yamaha or Onkyo, not yet decided) will not be used to its fullest extent.

Yet, the use of cd's and iPod, + volume my partner listens requires robust speakers with a quality sound. She boosts base in her car. In tabletop stereo system she blew out a speaker and has one failing in her car. Oh! she does have some hearing loss.

I considered Bose ( I have Bose for my computer) but find limitation with the television hook ups (unless I have missed something.). I have looked at sound bars and a multitude of other speakers and still am at a loss. (Prefer stand mounts to floor speakers, though would consider either for left and right speakers).

Suggestions for robust speakers to handle quality sound from the television in a confined area and also be able to handle volume for music with quality would be most welcomed.

Comments are welcomed as well!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i guess my question does not belong in this forum.

So I will take my question to the local Paradigm store and see what type of input I get.

Sorry to disturb the forum with such an uninformed request.

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sput /forum/post/14303335

So I will take my question to the local Paradigm store and see what type of input I get.

Well, it was kinda general. There are lots of good speakers, including Paradigm.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Oh I'm sorry I must have missed your post. I've been waiting for a few months for you to come along and post.

Paradigm

B&W

Klipsch

Def Tech

all make good product

Just a thought but it does sometimes take more than 1 hour and 52 minutes to get a response. Especially on a weekday in the middle of the day.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sput /forum/post/14303335

Bye!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts