AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask the title because I was just offered a 42" 1080p LCD TV, but I have never heard of the brand before. If I do consider buying this, what other factors should I consider and ask the seller to make sure that this 1080p will actually look like the best quality a 1080p should look like?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcstirbl /forum/post/0

How do I figure out if it has banding or clouds? Im just buying this from the internet.

Well that is your first step. In less you like to be stuck with defective TV's then do not buy from the internet. Most of the big name LCD sets have to be exchanged several times before you find a good panel or one that has a low number of defects.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Don't frighten the guy . . . there are many satisfied customers from all brands who have NEVER had to exchange a set. I realize some current Sony users are reporting clouding issues but this does not mean that every brand is experiencing problems. JVC, Sharp, Samsung may all have problems but they do not have users flocking to return sets.

As far as buying from the internet, I bought my set nearly a year ago and am 100% satisfied with the experience. I understand some have problems but if one checks the merchant out prior to the purchase you should be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If possible then try to go to a store somewhere, like circuitcity or bestbuy, and just look at the tv, and see if you like the picture quality. Another thing that i've noticed on some of the 1080 lcd's is they lack a high contrast ratio, but this isn't neccesarily a negative thing, it may not impact the picture quality all that much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.