AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly sure I've decided on a Panasonic L300u projector and a 45x80 (92" diag.) screen. I've been told that the Da-Lite HCCV screen, with a gain of 1.1 and pro-trim gives better color saturation and better blacks without taking away too much brightness. I've also heard the Stewart screens are better, but about $300-$500 more for the same screen. Can anyone tell me if they think the Stewart is worth it, and which one is comprable to the Da-Lite HCCV? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
The Dalite screens are good,and the Stewart screens are good. If you had them all on a sheet, with one company's product on each side of that sheet; and had to draw a line between the two screens that where as close in character as one another..... it would be the HCCV----GreyHawk. Which is better is very much a personal decision and depends on the projection situation.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well theoretically the FIrehawk is closer. Both the HCCV and Firehawk are "positive" gain gray screens. HCCV is 1.1 and Firehawk is 1.3. The HCDM is gray .8 gain, less than uniform, similar to Stewart's Grayhawk (.95 gain).

KBK is absoluetly correct in that it is a personal decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.