AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see what Velodyne SMS-1 owners are using as their subwoofer(s).

As a side note, I currently have the DLS-3750R and was wondering if it would be worth getting the SMS-1 or buying one of the SPL-R subs. From a price standpoint the SMS-1 would be the cheaper route.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
What about selling your existing sub, add that money to the $600 or so needed for the SMS-1 and then throw in a couple hundred more since you are getting a new sub. You'd have, what, $1000 to play with?

I guess my main complaint with the SMS-1 route is that you are putting $600 worth of electronics to boost the performance of a $300 subwoofer.

Why?

Another choice would be to get a BFD and see how that works out for you.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Mine is being delivered next week and I will be using it as the final tweak in an quad sub install of 2 Axiom EP600s and 2 EP500s.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeman
Mine is being delivered next week and I will be using it as the final tweak in an quad sub install of 2 Axiom EP600s and 2 EP500s.
...and that makes sense to me. I've seen the product demoed, it looks awesome. I just don't see how you can justify it if you don't have at least a couple grand invested in a sub(s). I mean I'd love to have it and it costs what it costs, just tough to justify over a BFD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.