AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi I would like to know if you guys think a used Paradigm Seismic 12 Subwoofer that is 6 years old and in mint condition for 700.00 a good deal and also what you think of this sub. Or should I go for a new Paradigm DSP-3200 for 600.00 http://paradigm.com/products/paradig...ies/seismic-12

Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi ricvl

I hear that the Paradigm DSP 3200 may not be as strong a unit on the bottom end as many thought when they bought it. The Seismic 12 is a more formidable unit BUT with under 3000 cubic inches of external volumetric size it will NOT play Paradigm's boasted 17hz. This defies the Acoustic Law of the Resonance Frequency. Even with a 1500w amp and two passive radiatorsl the unit will not move that much air to go down to effective subsonic levels. Paradigm really inflates their numbers.

I own a DSP 3400 which I now will be putting up for sale and at 7300 cubic inch external volumetric size it will go down to it's lower cycles although not at the effective advertized 19hz.

For low bottom end, there is no replacement for displacement and you must add quality to that equation as well.

At the end of it all go for the Seismic 12. You will be happier.

·
Registered
306 Posts
if you are going for a new sub for 600$

why not One of HSU VTF2, Rythmik FV12, Epik legend, SVS has a couple of models at this range, one being a cylindrical one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaQBlogs /forum/post/20860752

if you are going for a new sub for 600$

why not One of HSU VTF2, Rythmik FV12, Epik legend, SVS has a couple of models at this range, one being a cylindrical one.

I think I will go with the DSP 3400 my paradigm dealer can get me one for 800.00

I thought about internet subs and SVS is the only one cost effective for me as I live in Canada. The only one I can afford from them is sb12-nsd its a small sealed box @ 699.00. I think the 3400 will put out more as its a big ported box and will fill my larger space better? what do you think?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
What about the SVS cyllinder sub that ShaQBlogs recommended? Its the SVS PC12 NSD DSP. 12" downfiring sub, 4" top firing port and a freq resp of 18hz - 130hz +/- 3db. And its amp is 400 watts rms continuous. Its $749 shipped. http://svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts