AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 year old with 450 hours on the lamp... what do you think a fair price would be if it came with a brand new lamp?

just curious

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
Would have to be under $2k at this point to be fair IMO . A great price would be in the $1600 to $1800 region considering the extra new lamp .

- Jason

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
That is assuming there are no convergent issues. Some of them had panel alignment problems. Can you view before you buy?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea its convergence is really tight. the reason im asking is I have one thats going on a year old and have a chance to pickup a 6500UB for about the same price as selling mine.. making a lateral move. would it be worth it?

does anyone know if the lamps in the 6500 would work in the 1080ub? and vice versa...

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenaria /forum/post/15578471

yea its convergence is really tight. the reason im asking is I have one thats going on a year old and have a chance to pickup a 6500UB for about the same price as selling mine.. making a lateral move. would it be worth it?

does anyone know if the lamps in the 6500 would work in the 1080ub? and vice versa...

You are looking to trade one year old 1080UB with extra lamp for 6500UB. The 6500UB is a better projector, but I think I would stick with the 1080UB and extra lamp. Also you can't use the 1080UB lamp in the 6500UB. 1080UB is 170 watt and 6500UB is 200 watt.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only reason im contimplating it is because it would keep me with the latest model that should carry over to next year when a new line comes out... point being... my uncle is an epson rep and each year I have one shot at getting one at an employee price sorry but its only one
. I think the 1080UB might drop quite a bit in street value by this time next year..

its a good delima to be in but I dunno what to do..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts