AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those Klingon basturds! FOX chopped a full act out of tonight's premiere episode of The Simpsons, apparently just to make the show end at its usual 8:30 PM EST.

I cannot believe that FOX would do this! They have truly sunk to a new low. This is the best comedy on TV--and FOX's highest-rated show--and they cut a full ten minutes out of the season opener.

What a bunch of morons.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WHAT THE HELL?!?! Now Malcolm in the Middle is getting screwed up--we cut from the scene with Malcolm and Dad in the boat back to the beginning of the episode all over again!

WHAT THE HELL IS FOX SMOKING?!! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I had no problem when watching my nyc fox feed on directv.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, someone in another thread said that Detroit came off without a hitch too. How can this be? Do the affiliates download the episodes and then broadcast them from a tape? I always thought that network programming was just pass-through stuff from a live network feed. Can anyone shed some light on this? And did anyone in other parts of the country see problems with The Simpsons (those few of you who weren't watching Saving Private Ryan on ABC)?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cwood
Granted Fox sucks but The Simpsons isn't HD programming. Why are Foxes technical glitches being discussed here?
Because we don't have an "EDTV Programming" forum. If you have a better suggestion for where this thread should go I'm all ears.

BTW, WTTG-TV here in Washington has not responded to my e-mail and telephone queries on this subject. I guess that they just don't give a @#$!. As Homer would say, "Stupid lousy WTTG!" :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.