AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I havent posted in a while. Just thought I would add to the fire. I have read of posts where people had multiple problems with getting new hardwatre and dish failing to follow through on stuff. I had a very similar experience in Mid December. I called into the exec office and spoke to them. Had an 811 at my house within an hour. jsut recently got my 510 after a month and a half. It seems like they have just forgotten how to do business. I hope that "Charlie" is paying attention, cuase hes got some pissed off folks out here right now.

RE 811 issues. I wanted to ask about known issues and yes I have done some searches and found that some of mine are known. I will post my issues. please reply if you had similar or know of solutions. Thanks.

as of 1/21/04, remaining unsolved issues with the 811 with software V. 263

randomly drops locals off the channel guide even with good signal strength.

(OTA) turner basically useless)

The "add DTV" function completely does not work

channel guide no picture of current station

Occasionally drops all audio, requires hard reset (power removal)

These are the issues I am currently experiencing. I am glad I did not pay for this opportunity to be part of DISH TVs beta test program.

Mark

·
Registered
380 Posts
randomly drops locals off the channel guide even with good signal strength.

(OTA) turner basically useless) - NO

The "add DTV" function completely does not work - NO

channel guide no picture of current station - YES

Occasionally drops all audio, requires hard reset (power removal) - NO

In addition, my 811 will not switch back to a satellite channel from an OTA channel with the Recall button. The unit froze on me in the guide twice. Also, sometimes I only see shows listed in the guide for a few hours out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does NO mean that you do not have this problem or do have this problem.

What has been posted here on the forum about fixes?

·
Registered
380 Posts
NO means I don't have the problem, YES means I do. I don't think there are any fixes available yet. I contacted Dish Network regarding my problems and they sent back a form e-mail saying their engineering department is aware of the issues and is currently working on a solution.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I agree with title of this thread. From casual read on this and other forums, it would appear that Dish has lost all sense of customer focus. Not sure what they are focusing on, but it is not the customer, that is for sure. Between very poor hardware quality/bugginess in their receivers, constant changes in their technical strategy (SuperDish, 4psk to 8psk, etc), inability to communicate to their customers, shortages, missed appointments, etc, they seem to be trying to alienate customers.

Now, where are all those pundits who were saying how great a merger between Dish and DirectTV would be? At least now we have a choice. If the pro merger crowd had their way, we would have no choice and be stuck with an unresponsive customer unfriendly monopoly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
What's the deal with SuperDish anyways? When I had my Dish installed my installer told me they weren't doing them in my area because the wind tears them down. Sounded like a weird excuse to me, but who knows.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I think its pretty clear. Charlie didn't get his way and is picking up his toys and leaving. He wanted the merger and was probably going to take DirecTVs hardware and ditch their own in house development (which they need to do.)

So the 921 and 811 were likely to never see the light of day. When the merger fell through they rushed them out the door in an effort to stem criticism and lock in customers - for the final objective - to sell off Dish.

It would appear based on the events of the last 3 months that Charlie has decided to give up the business. If anyone could show a reasonable amount of evidence that this is NOT the case I'd be interested in seeing it - but the evidence supporting this direction is so overwhelming it is almost not worth debating.

·
Registered
93 Posts
here is another "KNOWN ISSUE", my receiver goes blank any time an automatic timer is used to change the channel, it changes and the, poof, black screen, useless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.