AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I got a couple of FATS units that were Barco 70X. It's just the company that used them. Either that or they are a thug life type of projector.

"Man, check out that PHAT projector."

;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's a projector with a "Best of COPS" laser disk player built in so you too can join in the fun of pluggin' bad guys by shooting at the image this system projects.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not Magnum type rounds when using this at home.

It's now a video game for the big boys with the big toys!

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
'S'cuse me Sarge, I want to shoot a criminal in high def. Can you budget in a scaler?"

:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nothing like getting these used and get them home. Fire it up and have burn in of a bad guy with a mullet holding you at gunpoint!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
'S'cuse me Sarge, I want to shoot a criminal in high def. Can you budget in a scaler?"

:)

Sure depewdee, I just ordered the Scaler, it was the video of perps scalin walls and scalin fences and scalin would piles , right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinforu
nothing like getting these used and get them home. Fire it up and have burn in of a bad guy with a mullet holding you at gunpoint!
Damn, I got stuck with the one with the old lady walking the dog with 20 holes in the forehead and the words "Game Over" burned in across the bottom.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
That one clearly has a Sony 10xx in it. The FATS II I had came with a 1042q, and it's most common they will have an interlaced only 10xx as they only fed composite video anyway.

Certainly not worth much, and nothing at all if you can't inspect the tubes in person.

Actually the name is Firearms Training Simulator, not system. I still have a couple of the Laser Disks left around here. They are quite dated, as in you feel more like you're in a re-run of tj hooker than anything impressive. 9'x9' dalite fastfold screen can be worth something if it's included and undamaged, but not for that pj. All you see is a dim image with massive scanlines.

Troy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.