AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wroking on 540p res for thew Centerstage 1, I have rad a couple of places the the total vertical lines is 563 for 540p but can fine nothing or Horiz total lines.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, correct me if I am wrong but I have to set the total horizontal lines so that the do clock equals or comes as close to but not over my display frequency. Since mine displays at 31.5 or 33.75 kHz I need to set it so the dot clock is as close to but not over 33.75 right?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still doing something wrong? I can get my 540p resoloutions to work but not matter what I do I can't get the screen to full size, it's like it's stuck in 4.3 mode with side bars.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can adjust the back porch's, I will try messing with those settings.

The bigger the number the bigger the image?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
The 563 (562.5) vertical number includes overscan. Only 540 are visible.

I think you want to keep the horizontal refresh rate at 33.75 khz and that when you lower the horizontal porches it should increase the visible image size. At least it is that way on my system.

- Tom

·
Registered
195 Posts
From what I understand, if you are using a standard HD display and not a projector or multiscan monitor you must insure that the horizontal sweep frequency is equal to 31.5 or 33.75 kHz if that's what your monitor can handle. I believe that there are Powerstrip timings for precisely this.

My understanding is that the dot clock is representative of total bandwidth requirements and not horizontal sweep. The formula I have for calculating horizontal sweep is:

Horizontal Scan Rate = Pixel Clock Rate / Total Horizontal Pixels

Andrew

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by anevard

[ The formula I have for calculating horizontal sweep is:

Horizontal Scan Rate = Pixel Clock Rate / Total Horizontal Pixels

Andrew [/b]
1376 total horizontal lines divided by a pixel clock of 40.785 = 33.737

This is what I am looking for right? As close to 33.75 as I can get or do I need to change porch and sync settings until I get an exact 33.75?

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am not an expert in this area. One of the HTPC gurus will have to give you the right answer but I believe that the closer you are to your monitor's actual scan rate the better the chances you will have of it staying in sync.

andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.