AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of ISF calibrationist if you will... in my area and I was wondering if I'm going to shell out all that cash for a calibration...What questions should I ask (aside from the obvious ie...T.V. manufactor, hours of operation so forth ) to ensure that One he knows what he's doing....He (or she LOL) has the proper equipment...What should I look for as I'm standing over his back watching him...and finally how long should it take. I've believe I'm pretty well armed as far as the info goes in this forum but I don't want to miss anything. Can anyone maybe provide a list of the essentials that one should ask???

·
Registered
853 Posts
What are you having calibrated?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
John, good luck finding a calibrator in Utah. I may be the only one that does RPTVs.

It will all depend if you want more than the typical ISF calibration which is adjusting the 5 user (Contrast, Color, Tint, Brightness, and sharpness) and setting grayscale to D6500 Kelvin.

Other options: Overscan, geometry, lenstripping, cleaning, duvetyne, color decoder, removal of protective screen, focusing manual and electrostatic, and centering of image. These are more in depth practices that the common ISF calibrator dosen't do or offer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bachelor,

Adjusting the 5 user etc....... Is this more involve then the stuff I can do in the user menus and advance setting menu? What would you recommend under other options? And could you give a little more detail to each process. You can e-mail me instead of putting it up here if you like.

John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coyotes I gonna have a new Hitachi 57swx done after a little more breaking in time. John I wanted the twx but they didn't sell it in my area and I'm alittle gunshy about online purchasing of a RPTV. How's do you like the screen compared with SWX is glare eliminated all together?

·
Registered
972 Posts
sgtkev,

The TWX's should be available in Orange City (Volusia County). I thought I sent you the info, maybe you missed it.

I know you didn't ask me, but I think the upgraded screen of the X's and the T's are fantastic.

Rich

·
Registered
150 Posts
sgtkev,

I never saw a SWX only a UWX and a 65 TWX. What I can tell you is, I have a patio window besides my TV and I basically can see no glare in the daytime, pretty awesome. My 36" Panny had way way more glare.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.