AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building out a hallway that will lead to my theater and need to frame a couple new walls and a ceiling (to drop below a beam). Two of the walls of the hallway are along foundation walls.
  • Do I build the walls first, attaching them to the existing joists above and then attach the new ceiling to those walls?

or
  • Do I build the new ceiling first, attaching plates to the foundation wall and opposite 2x6 wall and then build the walls out attaching them to the new ceiling?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. I thought if a picture was in my Default Album here on the forum, I could post it again, but I guess not. Since I was at work I didn't have the original accessible. Here's the hallway. The wall(s) I need to build go against the foundation that you can see in the picture. The ceiling will drop below those pipes and beam.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm going to build the new ceiling first, this way I can drop it under all the pipes and the new ducting the HVAC guys are putting in. Then I'll be able to just use a plain top plate for the wall rather than have to worry about going around the pipes and duct work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts