AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the good deals on right now I am reaching out to find out opinions on what to buy. Cureently I have the 55" 950H. Not going any bigger then 55". However I am in my exchange period. I love the brightness of the 950H but not a fan of having local dimming and all the different settings to make it look just right. Oled has better viewing angles for my living room but is a dimmer picture and during the day our room can be bright and there is the whole burn in concern. I am leaning towards the A8H. I like how Sony customer support is willing to give you a new tv at a heavily discounted price if your screen cracks. I've had this happen with both LG and Samsung where nobody touches the screen and it is cracked and they just say nothing we can or will do.

·
Registered
582 Posts
You know the Sony A8H is also a OLED TV right?

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
With the good deals on right now I am reaching out to find out opinions on what to buy. Cureently I have the 55" 950H. Not going any bigger then 55". However I am in my exchange period. I love the brightness of the 950H but not a fan of having local dimming and all the different settings to make it look just right. Oled has better viewing angles for my living room but is a dimmer picture and during the day our room can be bright and there is the whole burn in concern. I am leaning towards the A8H. I like how Sony customer support is willing to give you a new tv at a heavily discounted price if your screen cracks. I've had this happen with both LG and Samsung where nobody touches the screen and it is cracked and they just say nothing we can or will do.
You have one of the few TV success stories for 2020. I suggest you keep it and get help with calibration. Two possible links for help, as follows.

Good luck, have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts