AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy Dynaudio Audience 72 and Thiels S2 2 for my mains , what would you choose and why, thanks in advance.I also have an Emotiva XPA 3 on order.

· Registered
2,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by octogon /forum/post/18126595

I have a chance to buy Dynaudio Audience 72 and Thiels S2 2 for my mains , what would you choose and why, thanks in advance.I also have an Emotiva XPA 3 on order.

You should audition both of those and let your ears decide for you. Both make great speakers and are very well respected speaker manufacturers, you can't go wrong with either choice.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I am asking here , is because I am buying them blind on the internet.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Dynaudio, no question. I had a pair before my Dynaudio Contour 3.4s, and I loved them. Dynaudios don't get the press that Wilsons or Thiels or other speakers get, but my experiences and those of my friends who share the same sensibility and are really focused on the naturalness of music reproduction really seem to like Dynes and Harbeths.

They perform well above their price class, and are very detailed and very, very natural and musical sounding; they made me a Dynaudio customer for life. Dyne's customer service is first-class; customer rep Mick Tillman of Dynaudio NA hangs out daily in the Dynaudio owner's thread, and you can always get every driver Dynaudio ever made available as a spare because they are one of the very few mfrs that actually manufacture their own drivers. In fact, several other high-end loudspeakers mfrs used to OEM drivers from Dynaudio. You can also upgrade the tweeter to the Esotec tweeters in the 72SE and obtain even higher performance, which I what I did with mine before I sold them. Highest recommendation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.