AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HI,

So i recently purchased a Sony kdl55w900a and really liked it, but i decided i wanted to go bigger. Sony doesn't make that model any bigger so what do you guys recommend if Im looking to go with 65" or possibly a 70"

Right now im looking at the samsung f8000, and will probably go with that unless i get persuaded otherwise on this forum.

Is there any other older models that are just as good?

How much better is the f8000 compared to the f7000? From what Ive read the difference is that f8000 has micro-dimming ULTIMATE and cinema black, while the f7000 only has regular micro-dimming and no cinema black. The f8000 also has has higher clear motion rate. Ive read that all these features don't really have noticeable difference and the f7000 is much cheaper.

Or should i just hold out on buying a tv altogether? Should I just wait for the new models to come out. Should i just wait and buy a 4k tv this year or wait till next year?

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Have you looked at the Samsung 64F8500 plasma? Much better picture then the LEDs plus you won't have to worry about any dimming or motion problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakzz  /t/1510909/what-to-buy-had-sony-55-900a-but-want-bigger-opinions-appreciated#post_24188437

Or the Sony 65W850a if you are very into gaming and love sony

Im not really a fanboy of any company, just want the best. I wasnt even aware this tv existed, ive tried researching it but cant find much on it.

From what ive read it uses different panels than the 900a, so the blacks and colours arent as good. Thats was what I really liked about the 900a.

But the price is much better than the 65' f8000.

Still id rather pay more and get the best.

Is it worth is to just wait it out and buy a new 2014 model when they come out?

2014 4k tv?

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSK86  /t/1510909/what-to-buy-had-sony-55-900a-but-want-bigger-opinions-appreciated#post_24193409

Im not really a fanboy of any company, just want the best. I wasnt even aware this tv existed, ive tried researching it but cant find much on it.

From what ive read it uses different panels than the 900a, so the blacks and colours arent as good. Thats was what I really liked about the 900a.

But the price is much better than the 65' f8000.

Still id rather pay more and get the best.

Is it worth is to just wait it out and buy a new 2014 model when they come out?

2014 4k tv?

Here in norway / europe the Sony is acutally more expensive...

They do fairly the same in tests to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts