AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some guidance here, I have about $3K to spend on a new 46" LCD TV. I mostly watch movies and sports (hockey). I have read there are issues with basically every unit on the market, specifically banding issues with Sharp, clouding issues with Sony and board/hdmi issues with Samsung. Now I am totally confused. I have narrowed it down to a few units.

Sony - DKL46V2500

Sharp - LC46D62

Samsung - LNT4665

Thanks everyone for their input.

-hoz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am leaning that way too but what concerns me is the 8 ms response rate sony has compared to 4ms of sharp. that is twice as fast, and as I mentioned I watch alot of hockey, which is pretty fast moving, also we will eventually play video games on this too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
those are basically the same three i have been looking at

but i also have the KDL-46XB2/3

i have leaned towards the samsung, but i would be placing the tv facing two large windows

i also play alot of Xbox 360

im thinking that i am going with sony, and like the sony option in yours

·
Registered
144 Posts
The cloud issue seems to be more apparent on the XBR series. I actually don't like the menu on the Samsung. However if you have $3000 to spend I would wait for the new Sony models that are coming out. The 720p low end model is already out and the black levels and picture quality are very good.

The Sharp TV's just don't impress me. I really like the new look but the Sony and Samsung are better.

Don't worry about the 8ms response time. The Sony has an excellent video processor.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr1978 /forum/post/0

The cloud issue seems to be more apparent on the XBR series. I actually don't like the menu on the Samsung. However if you have $3000 to spend I would wait for the new Sony models that are coming out. The 720p low end model is already out and the black levels and picture quality are very good.

The Sharp TV's just don't impress me. I really like the new look but the Sony and Samsung are better.

Don't worry about the 8ms response time. The Sony has an excellent video processor.

The Sony clouding issue is no myth, but it's still by far the best choice. I would absolutely get the XBR3. You can get it for what you are looking to spend from Crutchfield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.