AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new home and they put in a pair of Truaudio outdoor speakers on the back patio with a volume control on the wall, with the speaker wire run through the walls to the living room. The guy told me to buy a 2 channel amp to power them.
Any suggestions on what to buy? Are there any products that I can use with my iphone and play music wireless via bluetooth or whatever else?
I currently don't have a home entertainment system, just a bose soundbar and subwoofer. There isn't anything that I can play all of these speakers at the same time is there?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have a new home and they put in a pair of Truaudio outdoor speakers on the back patio with a volume control on the wall, with the speaker wire run through the walls to the living room. The guy told me to buy a 2 channel amp to power them.
Any suggestions on what to buy? Are there any products that I can use with my iphone and play music wireless via bluetooth or whatever else?
I currently don't have a home entertainment system, just a bose soundbar and subwoofer. There isn't anything that I can play all of these speakers at the same time is there?
Thanks
If you won't be flogging them hard, look at Audio Source AMP-100. It has two sets of input jacks (Input 2 is the priority, so it switches to Input 1 when that receives signal), two sets of speaker terminals, a level control and balance. It also has a Stereo/Mono/Bridged switch, as well auto-sense for turn on.

It's very inexpensive and it works.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Any amp will work to power them. Id reccommend one thats atleast 50w x 2.... If you want to be able to controll the source and volume by a App, you could go with a lesser avr with app controll for around 300.00!

Otherwise with a cheaper plain jane amp like the Audiosource 100, your stuck running in and out to change songs or sources. Unless you input a ipod or cd player and enable shuffle.;)

If you do go with a avr with app controll, you Wont require the outdoor volume controll. I use to use one for my old Onkyo avr 806, as it didnt have internet connectivity. Whereas my new Denon 4100w does, and I can switch sources and controll my outdoor speakers volume through the Denon App!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You can go with any 2 channel amp, get a Bluetooth adapter with rca's, like the Harman Kardon BTA 10 or equivalent, you will have a range of about 30'

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm hooking my BTA 10 up in a couple weeks to a HK 2600. I'm hiding the AVR in the pantry and running the wires out through the wall to the patio so I should be sitting about 15' away most of the time. I got a pair of Def aw6500's and really like the sound they produce.

Anyone use an out door sub? In an open patio is it really that noticeable? I saw some on ebay that you bury and a port sticks out of the ground lol

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm hooking my BTA 10 up in a couple weeks to a HK 2600. I'm hiding the AVR in the pantry and running the wires out through the wall to the patio so I should be sitting about 15' away most of the time. I got a pair of Def aw6500's and really like the sound they produce.

Anyone use an out door sub? In an open patio is it really that noticeable? I saw some on ebay that you bury and a port sticks out of the ground lol
Personally, I think a outdoor sub would be pissing perfectly good $$$ away.... But, thats just me!:cool:

The DT aw6500's produce good sound, my parents have 2 pairs mounted under their deck surrounding their pool with good highs and bass response!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Personally, I think a outdoor sub would be pissing perfectly good $$$ away.... But, thats just me!:cool:

The DT aw6500's produce good sound, my parents have 2 pairs mounted under their deck surrounding their pool with good highs and bass response!

I figured as much, I just try and think of the power and size you would need in an open area like that, I think maybe in the right setting with some partial enclosed area it could be beneficial. I have no such area.

I have this going in in a couple of weeks. My main listening position will be in front of the doors. I was almost thinking of getting one more def 6500, and space another out by the firepit, but I think I can get by with 2. I want to mount them under the ledge above the door(picture not 100% accurate, ledge is about ten' up) to protect them a bit (Chicago)and maximize bass with the passive woofer

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I figured as much, I just try and think of the power and size you would need in an open area like that, I think maybe in the right setting with some partial enclosed area it could be beneficial. I have no such area.

I have this going in in a couple of weeks. My main listening position will be in front of the doors. I was almost thinking of getting one more def 6500, and space another out by the firepit, but I think I can get by with 2. I want to mount them under the ledge above the door(picture not 100% accurate, ledge is about ten' up) to protect them a bit (Chicago)and maximize bass with the passive woofer
One pair will probably suffice.... My parent have a large kidney shaped inground pool, with a huge stamped concrete area surrounding it!

With the 4 DT 6500s mounted to the above deck 20x16' ( 2 on the front, 1 on each side) the sound is dispersed prettey evenly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts