AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discussed about DIY speakers in an other thread and thanks to the valuable recommendations I have shortlisted the following speakers after reaching the conclusion of Buying a complete proven kit (with crossover circuit and everything). I am currently looking at buying L,C,R for my 7.1 system. Already have a pair of surrounds.

My Setup:

Receiver: Denon 1908

Room Size: 16' X 30'

Carpeted Room with Brick Walls and Concrete Ceiling

Usage: 90 % Movies 10% Music

I Like extremely live vocals and dialogues.

So after researching for a while, I have shortlisted the following:

TriTrix (1st Priority) --- $ 120 / Pair

Recession Buster (2nd) --- $ 60 / Pair

However, I am still very conscious about vocals as 90 % of the time I am watching movies and hardly listen to any music. Maybe I would listen to songs like "Its all coming back to me" at times. Would the TriTrix be suitable for my need ?

Earlier, some one posited out that the Impresario (PE) would lack extremely clear vocals. I guess the TriTrix also uses the same drivers. Is it different ?

I can spend a little extra at this time than regret later on ... (I would like to stay in the $300-- Domain for these speakers).

Is the TriTrix decent enough or do I need to spend more money ?

To which commercial speakers can I bench mark the TriTrix to ?

Can I compare them with B&W and Paradigm Studio Series ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 /forum/post/16913749

The UA701 or RS722 are going to perform at a much higher level. These well designed "classic" based speakers are like giving an ugly person a make-over, they may look better, but they're still ugly.

You mean the TriTrix is classic and ugly in terms of sound quality ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jay 1,

Both the speakers you mentioned are 4 ohm. Isn't it harder to drive a 4 ohm speaker than an 8 ohm speaker. My Denon has a rated output of is 90 W per channel @ 8 ohm and 120 W per channel @ 6 ohm.

Are 4 ohm speakers suitable for it ?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Just about any receiver can handle 4 ohms now. You may run into higher distortion levels, but it should only be at extreme listening levels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.