AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a HD reciever for my new Samsung 507 because the SD brodcast sucks. I have dish network which I will have to remain with for a while longer. My current dish box is a PVR 508 which I like except for the fact it is not HD. Now my question is what to buy to best utilize the HD capabilities of my new tv. I have been looking at the dish 6000 and the sammy sir-t165. One of my questions is if I run the dish signal through the back of the sir-t165 will it improve the SD signal by upconverting it to 720p? We watch a lot of dvd's and local channels, but there are a few shows on the dish the my wife cant do with out. Any suggestions? Oh one thing that I like is the fact that I can hook everything to the sir-t165 and have one input to the tv through the dvi input.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
There is limited HD on satellite. A few cable systems begin to show digital/HD. Probably best source for HD now is OTA. I would compliment your Dish tv with OTA HD if you have it available in your area. Check it out. Check this forum for info on this and on the various pros and cons of Set Top Boxes....for bringing you HD ..over the air and satellite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.