AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time - buying a new TV before our first baby shows up in January!

Right now we've got an old-school (and still rocking) 42" PWD6UY. We want to go bigger!

I'm behind on my plasma hardware knowledge, and am struggling on which one of these two TV's to buy. Since I use a commercial model now, buying another one is fine. But, with that said, I've been reading here and have seen the floating black issues, something that worries me.

If the commercial unit wasn't over twice the cost of the consumer model, I'd have purchased it and wouldn't be asking about it here. But, I have to better understand why the price difference is so large.

I would love to hear any pros/cons and suggestions between these two tvs.

Thanks!

-JR

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe I'll change my question to see if anyone can give me a bit of information about the commercial unit that I'm interested in.

Does anyone own a current gen commercial unit, regardless of size, that they can comment on?

I've never thought to buy a consumer unit until know (perhaps I'm showing my age here) since back when I purchased my 6UY commercial units were arguably the way to go.

Have commercial units fallen out of favor, or is there a good reason for me to avoid a commercial unit (ignoring the price point).

Thanks,

-JR

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Interested in the answer too.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 /forum/post/19602584

Interested in the answer too.

That makes two of us.

These units are sold at BB, so I was hoping someone had one. Unfortunately, they don't have them in store, so I'm unable to see one in person and mess around with it.

I'd love to get some hands on - or hear from someone with hands on - before I make a decision to purchase.

-JR

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bump for info on the 65PF20U. I'd love to know if there are floating blacks, the black rise occurs, AR filter, etc.

I've asked a couple of times on here before, not sure if anybody actually owns this set on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts